- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups pure Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pie shell – you’re on your own for this
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk together cream and flour until smooth.
- Add maple syrup, butter and pepper.
- Cook stirring over medium heat for 10 minutes or until thickened. Do not let the mixture boil. I don’t know why.. it’s just the rule.
- Pour filling into pie shell and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Cool on a rack and then refrigerate until thoroughly cooled before serving.